Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Procrasti-Knitting

Ordinarily, I don't set knitting deadlines for myself. I've found when I start a new project, baring any unfortunate mishaps I tend to finish them. Honestly, I don't have that many WIPs laying around the house. That all went to hell when I decided I needed to knit myself a Christmas sweater for our annual family Christmas. The key word here is, need. I don't really need to knit it, I want to knit it. But once I put that December 25th deadline in place it suddenly turned into a job that needed to be done. So, since I've put that connection together I've been procrastinating hardcore. Or as I like to say, procrasti-knitting. Not even last night's snow dump shook me out of it.

Here are just a few things I've made since setting my December 25th deadline:

Purple Rain Beanie

I'd been telling myself for months that I needed a lightweight slouchy hat for the cooler, but not too cool days of Fall. I'd also been telling myself that I needed a new show to watch. Enter Scandal and Purple Rain beanie. I both binged watched Scandal, starring the lovely Kerry Washington and binged knit my version of the Sock Head for a week straight. The hat, I love. The show is okay.

Pattern: Sock Head
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Sock
Skills needed: Cast-on, knit, purl, cable knitting, k2tog, ssk, weaving in ends
Ravelry Project Page

Innsbruck III


I've been on the prowl for some nice, soft yarn for sweater knitting. Malabrigo Rios is a yarn that's been on my mind for a long while now, and now's as good a time as any to use it, right? Why not. I didn't want to spend the money to buy a sweater quantity worth of yarn and run the risk of not liking it. I'm glad I did, because while I love the hand-dyed quality of the yarn for the hat, I'm not sure I'd be all too crazy about it for a sweater. 

Pattern: Innsbruck hat
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios 
Skills needed: Cast-on, knit, purl, cable knitting, k2tog, weaving in ends
Ravelry Project page

Two baby hats


With the new little niece around I've had to stop myself from casting on all the hats. It's not an easy task since she looks so damn cute wearing them, even if all she wants to do is rip them off her head and put them in her mouth.

Patterns: Both improvised by me
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Worsted
Skills needed: Cast-on, knit, purl, cable knitting, k2tog, ssk, weaving in ends
Ravelry project pages: Purple hat|Pink hat

Like my procrastinating, my procrasti-knitting is very productive, but it's really time for me to buckle down and make some good progress on my Christmas Sweater. With that said, I'm off to go knit that pair of socks I've been wanting.

If you want to keep up with my procrasti-knitting follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr.


0 comments:

Post a Comment